Friday 4 February 2011

7 Year Throw

Well here it is, the throw that literally took me 7 years to do!!!.  I started when I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter, it was for my son (he was 5 at the time). 

The problem was that it took me so long to do (well I had to attend to the baby..), that my son was growing up (literally), so I had to keep knitting to keep up with his height......  (It was a good thing that I bought enough wool at the outset - (approximately 15 balls), so I didn't run out)!!!

Anyway, finally finished when he was 12 and he loved it (or at least I told him he did!!)



Turned out alright didn't it?  I did make a mistake though, I made it in straight forward rib pattern (knit one, purl one) but I forgot what I was doing once (bound to happen, given the length of time it took to make) - see:

 Like I said, a promise to myself - whatever I start in the year, will finish in the year!!!  Hope I stick to it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment